Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rivera and Bautista First Press Conference as a Bulldog



For the first time since being traded to the Bulldogs, Jose Bautista and Mariano Rivera talked to reporters about their respective trades.

Jose seemed a little confused about the trade. "I was told that we were playing for a championship" said a confused Jose. "I'm happy to be on the Bulldogs and part of this lineup either way. Maybe Mr. Anderson didn't have enough faith in me. I don't know. All I do know is that I will be playing my heart out for that championship ring no matter who it is for."







Mariano was a little more upset about his trade. "Stan always told me that I was going to be a Hawaiian for life." Rivera said. "I guess those words were just meant until I got a little old. I have a lot of life left in my arm."
 
On a side note. When Brandon League was asked about the Rivera trade he had this to say. "This is bull. I guess leading the league in saves isn't enough. They have to bring in someone else for the ninth inning and make me a set-up man. I have already told my agent that I want to be traded. I want to close not be a set-up man." Lets hope this doesn't bring any kind of problems to the Bulldog's locker room. I guess we will just have to watch the Tradewire to see if League gets his wish.

1 comment: