Sunday, March 20, 2011

Inquiries Into Pick #2 in the 2011 Draft (Quest for Posey Part II)

I enjoyed reading the Grundy County article regarding his wheeling and dealing for pick #2 in the recently completed draft. I am not sure exactly how many offers there were for pick #2, but there were several. In the end it came down to preferring the combination of Lester and (Buchholtz or Latos) over Posey and Liriano.

Heyward and Feliz were the two players that I wanted in this draft. If JHay was there at two he was mine, other than that, the pick was going to be traded and turned into whatever combination that I thought would do best this season. Time will tell if it was the right deal, but I have been pretty satisfied with how Lester and Buchholtz play in my park during pre season exhibition games.

My suggestion to Grundy County for the next draft is to miss the playoffs and have control of one of the high picks without needing to trade for it!

No comments: