Thursday, January 6, 2011

Miffed Players Speak Out

Troy,NY: After the announcement of the blockbuster trade that brought slugger Josh Hamilton to the Haymakers, two of the players in the deal are not happy about it. "You wanna know how I found out I was traded?!?" quipped Jered Weaver, "You called me and asked me to comment on it. This is the biggest BS I have heard in a long time."
Andre Ethier, another player traded away in the deal had a similar reaction, "I found out from the article I read in the paper. I have spent three years working hard for this team...and to think I thought this was a classy organization. I just spoke to Ken the other day and we were chatting about how exciting the upcoming season would be."
When asked to comment on the players reactions GM Ken Anderson noted that he wanted to contact the players personally but the quick process of the deal kept him from doing so, "Everything happened so fast. We really do wish Andre and Jered the best; they are quality players and should be successful in Springfield. In fact, I'll be sure to let them know that once I'm off the phone with you."
The third player traded in the deal, Omar Infante, was unavailable for comment.

No comments: