Thursday, April 21, 2011

Anibal Near No-hitter

Anibal Sanchez carried a no-hitter into the 8th inning at The Dawg Pound as the Slatington Bulldogs embarrassed the Pocono Chin Music by the lopsided score of 13 to 0.

Sanchez(2-1) was indeed brilliant as he hand-cuffed the Pocono offense. He
didn't allow much, just 2 hits and 3 walks in 9 innings. Sanchez mowed down 11 Pocono batters improving his ERA from 3.68 to 2.28. The right-handed Sanchez lost his no-hit bid when Asdrubal Cabrera singled with nobody out in the 8th inning. Slatington had 15 hits for the night.

Bronson Arroyo(1-3) was tagged with the loss. He allowed Slatington 11 runs
in 4 and 2/3 innings of work. 'I've been working on a few things in my delivery, and I think I'm hitting a good groove.' Sanchez said after the game. 'I'm ready to start another game tomorrow!'

No comments: