Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bonds will be Back! That's '007' not Barry

For the 1st time in 22 years Manager Red Robbins won't get to write the name 'Bonds' on his line-up card. "I remember watching this skinny kid play in the College World Series for Arizona State who happened to be the son of former MLB player Bobby Bonds. I followed Bobby's career when I was growing up and wondered if Barry could do or would do as well as his father. Little did I realize what was to follow", stated Robbins. Back in the earlier days of the NASBL (when there were 48 states I think) we had a National League and American League team, I had Pittsburgh and Detroit. We could protect up to two Rookies by using our 1st and 2nd round Draft Picks. I used Bonds as my 1st Round pick. Looking back it was 1 of my best decisions. A reporter from Vermont name Stephan Beardman asked Robbins, "Wasn't the an obvious move'? Robbins reply was, 'Duh'!

Barry had a lethal bat. He did a lot of damage to opposing teams. In 2009 the only way a Bonds will show up on DFW Roster is if '007' himself James Bond gets a card. Then the same reporter from Vermont Beardman said, "Maybe 007 can use one of his pens to lash out base hits instead of having the capability of killing a person"! Robbins just gave him a cold, hard glare!

No comments: